Two large residential buildings under construction

Building personnel are responsible for reviewing building plans and issuing permits. If you’re putting in a new water heater or shed, or constructing a residential, commercial or industrial building, the work requires some type of permit or approval. Permits for all construction activity are issued by the Community Development Department following approval of specific building plans. View the specific work that does or does not require a permit (PDF).


Permits and applications can be found in our Reference Desk section. View the online permits and applications.