Transfer Stamps

The Village of Carpentersville does not have a transfer stamp requirement for real estate transactions.

However, sellers should contact the Water Billing Department at 847-551-3476 to schedule a final reading on the water meter.

To establish water service, the new owner of the property must provide proof of ownership in the form of a settlement statement or deed in person at Village Hall. The owner must also fill out our water application and provide a form of picture identification.