2021 Holiday Lighting Contest
2021 Contest Guidelines
To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season. Award guidelines will be established by the Special Events and Parks Commission and approved by the Board of Trustees for the Village of Carpentersville.
Previous Winner Eligibility
Residents who won 1st Place in a category in 2020 are not eligible to win in that same category in 2021. 1st Place winners in 2020 must compete in a different category.
- Carpentersville residents only are encouraged to participate, including previous winners.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Last day to submit an online entry form is Sunday, December 5th, 2021.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 16th,17th, 18th, and 19th between the hours of 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. for judging.
- Contest winners will be notified on December 22nd, 2021.
- Prize placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will be announced and awarded at the Village Board meeting on January 18th, 2021 at 7 p.m.
In addition, there will be a Facebook contest with a photo and address for residents to vote on. The household with the most likes will win the contest and be removed from the original category they entered to be fair to other contestants.
- Clark W Griswold - The display you can see from outer space!
- Traditional - Light display that captures the classic Christmas motif.
- Rookie - First year entering the contest.
- (Facebook Contest - Residents’ Choice)
- 1st Prize: $500 gift certificate
- 2nd Prize: $250 gift certificate
- 3rd Prize: $100 gift certificate
Online registration will be accepted Monday, November 22nd, 2021 thru Sunday, December 5th, 2021.
Previous Lighting Contest Winners & Presentations
- 2021 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2020 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2019 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2018 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
- 2017 Holiday Decorating Contest (PDF)
For questions about the program or help with the application process, please email Michelle Clifton, Public Works Administrative Assistant.