Construction Maintenance Division
Divisional Goals & Objectives
- Operate, maintain, repair, and update the Village’s roadways, utilities, and parks through planning, programming, using both in-house Village Staff and Contractual Services.
- Develop and facilitate various programs that identify, prioritize, repair and update each system in a cost-effective manner while providing the best service possible to the community.
The Construction Maintenance Division has well trained employees and specialized equipment (pickups, dump & trucks, snow & ice control equipment, asphalt paver, rollers, backhoes, sewer jetter, televising truck, and combination vacuum trucks) to complete the maintenance or in-house construction of our Village infrastructure. Responsibilities are divided into these various areas:
- Snow and ice control of roadways, Village facilities and multi-use paths throughout the Village
- Roadway milling and resurfacing, gravel shoulder repair, street sweeping, and refuse collection at Village parks and facilities
- Maintenance and repair of the water distribution system, sanitary sewer system, storm sewer system as well as catch basin cleaning
- 24 Hour Emergency Response for all Village Infrastructure issues
- Complete J.U.L.I.E. Utility locating prior to all excavating
- Complete minor concrete or asphalt roadway patching, sidewalk, curb & gutter and parkway restoration and utility repairs
- Complete the maintenance, fabrication, and installation of Village signage for roadways, parks and facilities
- Preform park maintenance and tree trimming or removal
- Training for Division personnel
- Equipment and Vehicle Maintenance for entire Village fleet
Be Safe. Always call J.U.L.I.E. (800-892-0123 or 811) before doing any digging! It’s the law.