Divisional Goals and Objectives
1. To operate, maintain, repair, and update the Village infrastructures through careful planning and use of Village Staffing and Contractual Services.
2. To develop long-term programs that identify, prioritize, and facilitate repairs and updates to each system in the most cost-effective manner while providing the best service possible to the community.
The Division has eight full-time employees and eighteen specialized pieces of equipment ranging from pickups, dump trucks, and backhoes to jet, televising, and combination vacuum trucks (the fleet and equipment is valued at over 1.4 million dollars). Our responsibilities are divided into the four main areas outlined below:
Pic 1. John Deere 410-E Backhoe/Loader
Pic 2. Water Distribution Update
Pic 3. Distribution Valve Replacement
The Distribution System consists of approximately 120 linear miles of water main, 1,500 distribution valves, 1,600 fire hydrants, and over 10,000 residential services.
- Water Main Repairs and Updates
- Buffalo Box Repair and Replacements
- Valve and Structure Repair, Replacement, and Updates
- Valve Exercising
- Hydrant Painting & Hydrant Snow Removal
- System Mapping, CAD Updates, and Inspections
- Hydrant Repair and Replacements
- Hydrant Flushing
Pic 1. Sanitary Sewer Jet Truck
Pic 2. Closed Circuit Sewer Inspection
Pic. 3 Sanitary Sewer Replacement
The Collection System consists of approximately 70 linear miles of sewer main and 2,000 manholes.
- Annual Jetting
- Monthly Maintenance
- Main and Structure Repair, Replacement, and Updates
- Root and Grease Cutting
- System Inspection and Mapping
- Inflow/Infiltration Program
- Sanitary Sewer Televising
- Sanitary Manhole Snow Removal
Pic 1. Storm Sewer Installation
Pic 2. Vactor Combination Vacuum/Rodder
The Conveyance System consists of 48 linear miles of main line and 2,300 structures.
- Catch Basin and Inlet Reconstruction and Replacement
- Catch Basin Maintenance (cleaning)
- System Updates
- Main Line Jetting and Repairs
- System Inspections and Mapping
- 24 Hour Emergency Response on all Infrastructures
- J.U.L.I.E. Locates
- New Construction Inspections
- Construction Restorations, i.e., (sidewalk, curb, and parkway)
- Divisional Training
- Equipment and Vehicle Maintenance
- Building Maintenance and Updates
Location: 1075 Tamarak Dr.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Daytime phone: 847-551-3493
After Hours: 847-428-8784
We’re on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Always call us first when you have water or sewer related problems. We might be able to save you a service call. If it’s after working hours, call QuadCom at 847-428-8784.
Be Safe. Remember to call J.U.L.I.E. (800-892-0123 or 811) before doing any digging!
It’s the Law.