Skip To Content
Carpentersville Logo


Top Pages

Election Information and Voter Registration

The Village of Carpentersville elects its officials in independent, at-large elections that are held in April of odd numbered years. Primaries and general elections, for national or state offices, are held separately.


The General Election is Tuesday, November 8, 2016, in which citizens will be voting for the President, Vice President, U.S. Senator, Comptroller, several statewide Executive Offices, numerous members of Congress, state legislators and judicial officials.

You may register to vote in any Kane County municipal office where a deputy registrar is present including the  Carpentersville Village Clerk’s office.

General Election

The last day to register to vote in the General Election is October 11, 2016.

Grace Period Registration and Voting will begin on October 12,  2016 and end on November 8, 2016.

Early voting is available October 24, 2016 through the end of election day at these sites.

Any registered voter in Kane County can vote early at a facility in Kane County that offers this service. Please check available early voting sites at  or the Village of Carpentersville website at on the Village Clerk’s webpage.

On Election Day, voters must vote at their designated precinct.

Polls will be open from 6:00 AM until 7 PM. Please check your voter registration card for your polling place. Contact the Village Clerk’s office at 224-293-1627 with any questions.

For more information please visit the Kane County Clerk’s Website at  

Voter Registration

Village residents can register to vote at the Village Clerk's Office located in the Village Hall Monday thru Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.

To register, residents must be 18 years or older, a United States citizen, and have lived in the Village for at least 30 days. Applicants must provide two forms of identification; one must be a photo id and one must show your current address. Naturalized citizens registering to vote must provide the name of the court, city and state, and date of naturalization.

Remember if you have moved or changed your name, you must re-register to be eligible to vote.

You may also download an application from the Kane County Clerk's website and mail the completed form to the County Clerk's office.

Any questions, please contact the Village Clerk's Office at 224-293-1627.


Top Pages