Holiday Decorating Contest
To stimulate and enhance a sense of community by rewarding residents that go above-and-beyond in decorating their home for the winter holiday season. Award guidelines will be established by the Special Events and Parks Commission and approved by the Board of Trustees for the Village of Carpentersville.
Previous Winner Eligibility
Residents who won in a category in 2017 are not eligible to win in that same category in 2018. Winners in 2017 must compete in a different category. Residents cannot win in the same category two years in a row.
- Carpentersville residents only are encouraged to participate, including previous winners.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Last day to submit an online entry form is Sunday, December 9th, 2018.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 14th, 15th, and 16th between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. for judging.
- Contest winners will be announced at the Village Board meeting at Village Hall on December 18th, 2018 at 7 p.m.
In addition, there will be a Facebook contest for those who submit a photo and address for residents to vote on. The household with the most likes will win the contest and be removed from the original category they entered to be fair to other contestants.
- Clark W Griswold - The display you can see from outer space!
- Traditional - Light display that captures the classic Christmas motif.
- Neighborhood Participation - Get the neighbors involved, a minimum of 5 adjacent homes with a shared theme.
- Rookie - First year entering the contest.
- (Facebook Contest - Residents' Choice)
- 1st Prize: $150 gift certificate to Menards or Home Depot
- 2nd Prize: $50 gift certificate for pizza or a movie
- 3rd Prize: $25 gift certificate for pizza or a movie
- 4th Prize: A homemade ornament
Registration closed on Sunday, December 9th, 2018. Stay tuned for results...
Previous Lighting Contest Winners & Presentations
For questions about the program or help with the application process, please email Bob Cole, Director of Public Works.